- Ward Charcoal Ovens SP Legacy OHV Trail KMZ
- Ward Charcoal Ovens SP Legacy OHV Trail GPX
- Ward Charcoal Ovens SP Legacy OHV Trail PDF
- Georeferenced Avenza Maps
The Legacy Trail is a new OHV loop trail traversing the Ward Charcoal Ovens State Historic Park. The park features six beehive-shaped charcoal ovens that were used from 1876 through 1879 to help process rich silver ore that was discovered in the area. The OHV Trail connects into the Ward Mountain OHV Trail System and thousands of acres of Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service lands.
- Campsites / restrooms
- OHV parking
- picnic facilities
Park is open 365 days a year.
Ward Charcoal Ovens is located 20 miles south of the town of Ely, on Cave Valley Road, in White Pine County.
Rules of the Road
Land Manager: Nevada State Parks
Please follow all State Park campground rules.
Always plan ahead and prepare for uncertainty. Travel with warm clothing, first aid, food, water and appropriate tools to fix a problem.
Traveling in groups is always a good idea, as well as informing someone of where you will be going.
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors