- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area KMZ
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area GPX
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area PDF
- Georeferenced Avenza Maps
Cottonwood Valley is a very popular off-road recreation area just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. Routes to Goodsprings, Blue Diamond, Mountain Springs, and many other small OHV-friendly communities can be found in this trail network. The valley offers beautiful views of Red Rock Canyon's sweeping sandstone cliffs. The area features a variety of trails of different difficulties, all surrounded by historic sites and native Mojave Desert flora and fauna. Cellphone service is intermittent due to tall hills and mountain ranges. OHV Access is only for approved roads and trails south of the main Red Rock Conservation Area.
From downtown Las Vegas to Cottonwood Valley:
- Take Blue Diamond Rd./State Route 160 West for 19 miles.
- Parking can be found in several pullouts on the left (South) side.
Rules of the Road
Land Manager: Bureau of Land Management
BLM Field Office - Las Vegas
4701 North Torrey Pines Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Telephone: (702) 515-5000
Motor vehicles are permitted on designated trails only.
Always plan ahead and prepare for uncertainty. Travel with warm clothing, first aid, food, water and appropriate tools to fix a problem.
Traveling in groups is always a good idea, as well as informing someone of where you will be going.
- Register Your Vehicle
- Make sure your vehicle is equipped with a spark arrestor
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Trail Users