- Johnson Lane Roads and Trails KMZ
- Johnson Lane Roads and Trails GPX
- Johnson Lane Roads and Trails PDF
- Georeferenced Avenza Maps
The Johnson Lane OHV Area is an extremely popular recreation site, conveniently close to the state capital of Carson City.
To the East of Johnson Lane is the vast Pine Nut Mountain Range, an extensive recreation site. Johnson Lane makes for an easy access to this area. We have another dirt page with more information about the Pine Nuts. The area provides fun riding for all levels of difficulty and is primarily hard packed dirt or sand, with the occasional rocky hill climb. Visitors can climb these hills to enjoy views of the Carson Valley.
To the West, the community of Johnson Lane is an OHV-friendly community. There are many dirt roads around the town, many of which can be used by OHVs. Please note, however, that these areas are primarily light commercial and residential neighborhoods. Respect all traffic signs and traffic laws, and be aware of pedestrians.
From downtown Carson City:
- Take Highway 395 South to Johnson Lane.
- Turn left (East) onto Johnson Lane, then continue for 4 miles.
- A dirt pullout can be found at the terminus of Johnson Lane, and other parking can be found on adjacent dirt roads.
Rules of the Road
Land Manager: Bureau of Land Management - Sierra Front Field Office
BLM Sierra Front Field Office
5665 Morgan Mill Road
Carson City, NV 89701
Telephone: (775) 885-6000
Motor vehicles are permitted on designated trails only.
Always plan ahead and prepare for uncertainty. Travel with warm clothing, first aid, food, water and appropriate tools to fix a problem.
Traveling in groups is always a good idea, as well as informing someone of where you will be going.
- Register Your Vehicle
- Make sure your vehicle is equipped with a spark arrestor
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Trail Users