The Egan Crest Trail System provides recreationists with over 25 of trails, with a variety of terrain from the rolling sagebrush flats to the higher elevations in pinyon and juniper forests. In addition to the beautiful foliage, the high points of the trail offer those hardy enough to reach some truly impressive vistas including a view of the Ruth Copper Pit. The trails consist of single-track and signed two-track roads and are open to hiking, mountain biking, equestrian, motorcycles, and ATVs. Beautiful vistas await along the high points of the trail.
The trailhead features picnic tables and shade structures, but not potable water. There are no use fees in this area.
From Ely, Nevada:
- Take U.S. Highway 50 West for 8 miles.
- The BLM trailhead will be on the North (right) side of the road.
Rules of the Road
Land Manager: Bureau of Land Management
702 North Industrial Way
Ely, NV 89301
Travel Responsibly when you visit Public Lands.
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors